Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My birthday

Today was my 28th birthday. Every year my sister and I try to do something special for each other for our birthdays. For a long time it's always been Lisa and I. Our special birthdays may just include dinner and a small gift, if that, but we try to make it as special as possible. Let me tell you: Lisa never fails!


Last year, she threw a surprise dinner and guest list together. I had no idea which restaurant we were going to and who was going to be there. This year, the restaurant wasn't a surprise, but the guest list was. It was awesome.

 Left to right: Myself, Courtney, Amanda, Sara. Missing is Lisa, Catherine, and our brother Marc.

I awoke to 27 text messages and 4 emails. When I walked into the kitchen my brother had left my gift leaning up against the kitchen table: a pink fishing pole with a pink tackle box! I had asked for it about a month ago, and was so happy that he remembered. Even happier that I forgot asking for it so it was a complete surprise.



I don't know if any of you have a lot of girl friends. I am blessed to be very close to my sister and family. Any friends outside them just make me that much more blessed. I have met some beautiful, amazing people. Some have stayed in my life and some are gone. The ladies pictured above are relatively new in my life. I am so glad to have met them, though.


Dinner was at Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa, Tennessee. The food was delicious. I had a mudslide as my alcoholic which was just amazing. My meal consisted of pulled pork barbeque sandwich and steak fries, which I actually just reheated and finished. Next to Jack's Barbeque in Nashville,  Tennessee, Roadhouse has one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I've ever had. It was delicious.

The events that happened just during dinner can not be repeated. Words can not explain the words and actions of the ladies involved. My poor brother, bless his heart, was quiet the entire time being the only male there. We laughed and laughed. It was really nice just kicking back, no schedule. Just relaxing, eating, and laughing.


It was a great day and I thank everyone for their birthday wishes, texts, Facebook posts, tweets, calls, and emails. Thank-you to all the wonderful people who came out to celebrate with me. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment